In their last two years at PRIMA International School students prepare for AS Level and A Level examination, or for the Advanced International Certificate of Education (AICE), in those subjects which, together with their teachers and the Academic Director, they have chosen as their special areas of study. These are the subjects that will form the basis of their university course.
To help students deciding on their academic and professional future, PRIMA International School has a full-time Careers Councilor who, together with the relevant teachers and the Academic Director, will advise students on the courses that are best suited to their individual needs.
GCE A Levels are one of the most widely recognized qualifications around the world, and are universally accepted as a proof of academic ability for entry to universities. A Levels are also important to employers, who often demand A Levels as a condition of job entry.
Where are Cambridge AS and A Levels accepted and recognized?
Good AS and A Level grades are a key to admission for all the world’s major English speaking universities. They are also accepted as proof of academic ability for university entrance in all European universities.
Good grades at AS and A Level can result in up to one full year of credit at universities in the USA and Canada.
- Yale University awards credit for grades A and B
- Harvard University accepts three A-level subjects at grades A and B
- Boston University grants advance credit for grades A, B and C
- New York University grants advance credit for grades A,B and C
Within the AICE award framework, A Level counts as a double credit and AS Level counts as a full (single) credit. To gain an AICE diploma, a student must earn the equivalent of six credits by passing a combination of examination at either full or double credit. At least one subject must be taken from each of the groups listed below.
Group A Group B Group C
Mathematics and Science, Languages, Art and Humanities
Computing, English, Language, Art and Design
Mathematics, French, Economics
Higher Mathematics, German, Business Studies
Further Mathematics, Spanish, Literature in English
Cambrige ESOL Examination
PRIMA International School of Belgrade helps students to prepare for the Cambridge ESOL examination. The Cambridge ESOL examination follows a staged syllabus leading to the following examinations:
- KET (Key English Test) an elementary level exam testing students’ ability to deal with basic written and spoken communications.
- PET (Preliminary English Test) an Intermediate level exam that tests students’ ability to deal with everyday written and spoken communications.
- FCE (First Certificate in English) an upper-intermediate exam course that trains students to deal confidently with a range of written and spoken communications. Many universities in the English-speaking world accept FCE as a proof of ability to follow a course of study delivered in English. Once awarded, Cambridge FCE Certificate is valid for life.
- CAE (Certificate of Advanced English) an advanced exam course that trains students to communicate with confidence and considerable sophistication in English for study or professional purposes. Once awarded, Cambridge CAE Certificate is valid for life.
- CPE is Cambridge ESOL’s most advanced exam. It is aimed at people who use English for professional or study purposes.